Men among Boys

Revolution - a sudden, complete or marked change in something

I could not believe I was flying for them. The group of elite pilots who could change the tide of the battle. There were great pilots like Lion, JapanYoshiki, GJF, Coming Chaos, Sushitaro, Kapi, FlyingBoredPig, too many to name. The day after I was invited to the fleet I had gotten to meet the famous airmen. I will not lie I was a bit nervous and shy at first as they had great track records and I had just started mine the day before. I had expected a more colder and withdrawn group of men, but they were very open and welcoming to my surprise! They shared with me their personal life, their food, and their secrets to success. One thing I noticed about Revolution was that although everyone was talented and skilled, almost no one asked for help or received it. The day I moved into their building I learned why. Written in capital letters above the doorway I read…

“WATCH AND LEARN…WATCH TOO LONG AND RISK DEATH”
Which in my interpretation meant everyone was expected to be great.

I entered the building and was surprised by the smell of body odour and the disorganization. Everything was everywhere, it was a mess. I went to Lion’s office and knocked.
“Come in.” Lion said.

I looked in and everything was clean.

“Hello sir, reporting to Revolution!” I said proudly.
“Ah…hi King welcome to the building and Revolution, you will be sharing a room with FlyingBoredPig…any questions?” Lion asked.
“No sir, thank you.” I said.
“All right, I am little busy so if you will excuse me…” Lion said as politely as he could.
“Oh! Okay sorry, see you around, sir!” I saluted and left the office.

As I left I bumped into a tall lean man, the same build as me, except a little less handsome I thought.

“Hey watch where your going!” the man said.
“Sorry.” I quietly said.
He scrutinized me carefully, “Hey aren’t you that King guy? Ace in a Day?” He asked.
“Yes that would be me, but…” I started.
“Wow that is pretty cool, by the way, my name is Bujias…Bujias the Beaner.” He said while raising his hand to shake mine.
“King, nice to meet you Bujias.” I said as I shook his hand. I liked him the very instant.
“All right, you better go and get yourself settled in, we have been getting lots of missions lately from HQ,” Bujias insisted, “See you around.”

He walked away and I walked to my room. I saw another young man presumably FlyingBoredPig.
“Hi there,” I said rather sheepishly, “I am King.”
“Oh hi there I am FlyingBoredPig, you must be my wingman” FlyingBoredPig said.
“I guess I am.” I said.
“Yes, you are,” He stood up and shook my hand, “Let us go practice a bit so I see how you fly.”

We chatted all the way to the hangars about news of the war, my accomplishments, his accomplishments, and all the small talk you can think of. I had found out his old wingman went down in flames over the channel, his name was Bobski. By the end of it we were joking and I had a certain fondness for him. We got up in the air and started two man drills, he was very skilled. I was glad to be his wingman because he had seen action before and knew what he was doing.

Pig was shorter than I was and had little more meat on him than I did. He had a kind face and talked politely. I had become friends with him in a few weeks. We had flown some 20 missions together and I had started racking up kills in bunches. Revolution was undefeatable, we were household names in Germany, girls came to kiss us, and boys asked for autographs, older men and women hugged us. Compared to the Allied air forces, we were men among boys. We still respected them, there was an unwritten code among airmen on both sides, and we were to be the knights in the sky, the flower among thorns.

It had been like any other ordinary mission. Fly out, fight the enemy, and come back. This time I was no longer Pig’s wingman. Lion had given me permission to fly by myself, as I had become more and more skilled. I flew with Bujias that day. We spotted a small squad of 4 planes. I signalled to Bujias for an attack. We flew fast and we downed two targets immediately. Then it turned into a dogfight. Bujias quickly outmanoeuvred his opponent and he shot him down.

“Oh crap, King I forgot to refuel my plane fully, got to head back now, or else I’m going to drown haha, you can handle this guy definitely, but don’t get careless, he is one of their aces.” Bujias said.
“All right I’ll see you back at base.” I replied as tracers went wide of my plane.

Bujias left the area and I was still fighting my enemy. He was quite skilled and was a hotshot, I could tell from the Bright gold paint his spitfire had. We were toe to toe and I was worried I might lose. His machine out turned mine, but I shot him up a bit and he did the same to my plane. We were like knights of old duelling. This was do or die, and I was not planning on dying any time soon. Suddenly he stopped firing and disengaged me. I looked at him and saw that his guns had jammed! I quickly went on his tail and was about to fire. Then I saw his rear mirror, and his eyes, he realized he was sentenced to death. Something ran through my mind, Knights of the Sky. I moved my plane beside his, we were close and I could see him clearly, and he stared back. I smiled and waved to him and he waved back surprised. I turned my plane around and flew away back to base.

“Hey King guess you got another kill, you got one of their aces, oh this is great!” Bujias said.
“Actually I let the guy go, his guns jammed.” I replied calmly, this was partly a lie; I had let him go because he was a great pilot and I respected that.

Bujias stared at me.

“You what?”
“I let him go…what is the problem?” I asked.
“Oh great job…that was Paragon, he is a new ace for the allies! King I won’t tell anyone what happened because you are my friend. But that man shot down Bobski a few weeks ago…he was one of our lieutenants.” Bujias said worriedly.
“I…” I stammered.
“Do not say a word of this all right King? And no more of this knights of the air stuff, this is war, not a game,” Bujias said with intensity, “We are lions, they are sheep, we are men, they are boys, we know how to fight, as do you! Use your talent to kill! Better to live a monster then die a regular man.”

Bujias walked away, and I was left in shock. I had left a man who would kill without mercy loose on other pilots; he had killed the friend of my friends. I had watched for too long and risked death. I am a man among boys, but I just may have let a boy grow into a man, that is not fighting for the axis.

NOTE:
^^; hope you enjoy~ This one I wrote quickly
The other one I took a bit of time
This one was more background story then action sort of a prequel!
please leave your comments and such~ i hope to get viper into one of my stories soon!~ Paragon will be my rival throughout as he is my rival in the game lolz ^^;


Share/Bookmark
 
You are connected via IP

free counters

League Of Legends|Heroes In The Sky|BigBadboys