An Ugly Creature

I woke up and my head was throbbing in pain. The next thing I noticed was I was very hungry and thirsty. I could not move my right arm, or my left leg for that matter. I opened my eyes, and it was just pitch black.

“Somebody help me!” I yelled in German.
“He is awake! Nurse!” GJF yelled in English for some odd reason.

Someone took off the cloth on my eyes. The first thing I saw was a beautiful nurse, she had long brown hair, light brown eyes, she had a perfect figure, and she had sharp features on her face. It just came out of my mouth… “ You are beautiful…” I saw her blush and she didn’t say anything for a moment, shocked.

“Welcome…England.” She said in broken German with a smile.

I stared in horror. I was captured alive! My mind was in panic and I frantically tried to get up, but a sharp pain in my back stopped me. The nurse quickly pushed me back down and called for the doctor. GJF told me to calm down, and I laid still. I took it all in, and still could not believe I even survived. What had happened to Paragon? If GJF is here where is everyone else? The doctor walked in.

“Hi, you must be King, we have heard all about you…” The doctor said, “I am sorry to say but you broke your arm, leg, and your spine is cracked, but luckily they are all minor fractures, and please…tell me if you have concussions.”
“How did I get here?” I asked.
“Well let us just say the wind was in your favour that day, and Paragon dragged you here even though he broke his arm.” The doctor said.

I sure didn’t feel lucky, I did not speak to GJF, and rather I just lay silently in my bed. The pretty nurse fed me and changed my bandages every so often. She talked to me while I just listened. Her name was Sarah, she was 22, and she was unmarried and joined nursing because she felt it was the only thing she could do to help people. I thought she was kind and pretty. There was something that made me comfortable around her, it is something not usual that could be made or forced. I started replying to her talk after I had gotten over the fact I was captured, and the reality that the war was over for me. She told me of how the other members of my flight were shot down. They were Sushitaro and ComingChaos. I had witnessed the strength and fall of a great fleet. Revolution was done after the recent blows to them, we were crippled. I cried, and tried to hide my face from Sarah, but I could not move at all, so she held my hand and was silent.

So many things happened over the past few weeks, I had become afraid of death. I got many visits from the masked men of the Allies. I called them the masked men because they sacrificed individual achievements for the greater war effort, and their loyalty to their fleet. Tgun, Wolfman, Tootall, Euphoria, all were men of great character, I liked them very well. We were all knights of the air; we just flew on opposing countries. Another interesting character I met was Viper. Viper was the most helping and encouraging person I met. I did not know Viper very well, but I knew instantly a good person when I saw one.

I had finally been given the green light to walk. I had splints in my arm and leg, but my back healed very quickly.

“Sarah, let us go for a walk!” I said.
“Are you sure King? I mean…” Sarah asked worriedly.
“I will be fine, you can just help me if I mess up.” I said and smiled.

We went for a walk in the park; well more of a hop for me as I had crutches, and it was very enjoyable. Until, a man walked towards our bench. He was older than me, and had a kind face, and an arm in a cast. I knew he could be no other.

“Hello King,” He said as he put his hand out for a shake, “I finally get to meet you.”
“You can be no other than Paragon.” I said as I gripped his hand.
“How are you?” He said as he smiled.

We went into a long conversation and Sarah quietly slipped away and left us alone. We talked of air warfare, our lost comrades, the good fights. Paragon was all that I had imagined, and more. He was honourable, lived a good life, fought hard, loved his friends, and loved his country. We had mutual respect and friendship between us, although we were much different in personality. Paragon had much better morals and knew what he fought for, I did not.

Soon I could use my arm and leg without help. I was welcomed among the Allied, much to my surprise, as I had shot down scores of their friends. Paragon and I consistently trained together, we worked out at the gym. He was getting ready for war; I just needed something to pass the time. He was talking about G-Forces and if you were stronger, you were able to make tighter turns without fainting. I had constant visitors in Tootall, Tgun, Wolfman, and Euphoria. We had good conversations and I was always invited for a meal or two every day. It felt awkward, as I had shot down their friends, and this famous fleet, WOLFPAK, had shot down my friends. Soon, I lost that awkwardness, and got to know them. I had never known that the Allies had such gentlemen!

One day, Wolfman proposed me to fly for the Allies. He obviously knew I missed the joy of flying. He also told me that there are a group of mercenaries from the Axis. He told me this was the only way for me to fly. I was almost tempted to change sides right there. I had found a girl I really liked here, respected men, and a training partner in Paragon. Sarah was in extreme favour when I told her. I walked to the park and sat and thought.

I got news that WOLFPAK’s leave was over, and I bade good-bye and shook hands to them all. We had become good acquaintances of each other. Wolfman reminded me of his offer and left. Sarah and me talked much more, of our lives, our dreams. I realized she was special to me now; we had grown attached to each other.

All this time, GJF had been left in solitary confinement. I did not know why. Until one day, I was called to visit him in his cell.

“GJF! How are you? Why are you in this jail?” I asked quickly.
“King…I am a Russian…I used to fly for the Allies before the war.” GJF replied.
“What? What now…” I asked.
“I am going to get executed by firing squad for treason…” GJF sadly said.

I was in complete shock. Too many things were running through my mind, the death of another friend was coming. I grew anxious.

“This is unfair!” I said angrily.
“King…just one favour…” GJF said, as he pulled out two letters, “This one to my family, the other to the fleet.”

How many letters would I have to deliver? War is an ugly creature. It lives by the death of good men. I faced reality today; I fought to end the war. GJF’s execution date came, I hugged him long and he told me.

“Do not be afraid of death, for it is only the beginning.”

I went back to my room; Sarah and Paragon were with me as I had my face buried in my hands. We heard the shots, and that was it. GJF lived a good life, died an undeserving death.

Then the day came. A great commotion occurred outside the hospital. I went outside and looked overhead and saw over 100 stuka bombers! They roared by the building, Sarah was beside me and we watched. Off in the distant I squinted and saw BK’s plane! It was hovering above a small wooded area. Then Bujias, came and tapped me on the back.

“Oh my god! Bujias!” I said surprised, “What in the world are you doing here!”
“Breaking you out you goddamn ROCKET SCIENTIST! Where is GJF?” Bujias replied happily, “Who is the hot chick?”
“Buji…he is dead.” I said.
“…Ok…fine tell me later let’s just get out of here! BK is probably getting impatient.” Bujias said.

I looked to Sarah, as she was confused. I couldn’t leave her.

“Sarah, please come with me! I love you.” I blurted out.
“I…” Sarah blushed.

I suddenly kissed her swiftly.

“Hey come on not here King, we have to go!” Bujias said.

We ran for the forest, and then Paragon and Viper appeared right before the forest with handguns. We stopped, and I glared at Bujias, who motioned his holster as empty.

“Consider us even King, my friend.” Paragon said as he lowered the gun.
“Good luck King,” Viper said encouragingly.

I nodded and saluted them both. Bujias, Sarah, and me ran to his plane and we crowded in. He took off and we were in the air! BK joined us soon.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked.
“I got my sources…haha.” BK replied.

We got back to Revolution airbase. I hopped out to a gathering group outside cheering us out. The group was much smaller than before. I was happy, but whom else did the ugly creature consume?

NOTE: Inspiration from HIS mission…Ace Rescue
Inspiration from players who no longer play as well…

Next one will have more action I promise~
Hope to try two different first person perspectives next story Paragon has given Me permission ^^ a little experiment hehe.


Share/Bookmark
 
You are connected via IP

free counters

League Of Legends|Heroes In The Sky|BigBadboys