Have Mercy

I woke up with another headache. This had been the 4th consecutive night of getting drunk, I am not sure how I end up in my room as I remember falling asleep in the bar every time. There was nothing else to do to sooth my anger. BK had grounded me because of the loss of Sarah; he thought I would fight with an empty mind… She was really gone. Just the thought of it filled me with anger, sadness, and loneliness, all mixed into one.

It was noon, so everyone was out on a patrol, only the mechanics and Mileta were left at the base. I did not talk much with them, except on rare occasions.

“How is my FW190D looking?” I asked the mechanic.
“Oh! Um…it is looking good sir! It is a superior machine and…” The mechanic started.
“Okay, thank you.” I cut him off.
“Um…alright have a good day sir.” The mechanic said and hurried away.

I drank some coffee with Mileta, she was a nice woman, and heard of my loss, and she listened to my stories of Sarah. She listened intently as I told her the story of how I was captured and rescued by Bujias! Her eyes were filled with pride, but as I finished my story with Sarah being captured, they quickly filled with sadness. I started to tear up, and Mileta didn’t say anything, just comforted me with a presence of someone who cares. I felt like she was sort of my older sister, someone you can trust when it really counts.

“King…one day you will meet her again. The world works in such a way that if you really want something…you will get it!” Mileta said encouragingly.

I remained silent and gave a smile to her, as the boys walked in back from a mission. They all gave me a nod and smiled to Mileta, then went to their respective rooms. Bujias came and hugged Mileta and put a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey man…you helped me when I thought I was lost…now I’m going to take you to this meeting, everyone is going…many different fleets are supposed to be there as well!” Bujias said.
“Thanks Buji, but I think I will pass…” I said.
“No way, you are coming for sure, if I’m going who’s going to drag your drunk JUNK IN THE TRUNK back to your room?” Bujias said straight-faced.

That drew a laugh from me, and Buji and Mileta smiled.

“The meeting area is not too far from here, about 2 hour flight?” Bujias said.
“Alright let’s go! I am sick of not being in the air.” I replied.

Everyone packed lightly and we flew in formation towards the meeting area. I loved the feel of the FW190D; it felt like an extension of my body. Many of us had new planes, a gift from the leaders of Germany because of our strength in battle. Bujias had a rather ugly plane I thought! But I was in no mood to tell jokes so I kept it to myself.
We had finally arrived at the staging area! I looked around and recognized many fleets, although every single one of them was now diminished in size! Also I spotted some haughty, new unfamiliar pilots, but they looked like veterans, and gave us looks. We ignored them and continued to walk to our dormitory.

The meeting started, it was quite boring, and I almost fell asleep quite a few times. Bujias was beside me, leaning on Mileta and snoring quietly. Leviathan was paying close attention, though I thought he was faking it. The only person who seemed to care was BK. Then the discussion heated up.

“You don’t command BBB…I do…you need us…give us respect…” BK said.
“You BBB think your all high and mighty! You are a bunch of cowards afraid to fight directly with the top Allied!” yelled the pilot giving us looks from before.
“Who are you to speak? I have never even heard of your accomplishments, nor from your fleet!” Bujias spat back.

Some of them ran at us, but other fleets quickly stopped them. The meeting dissolved and I stared hard at the man who called us cowards. Later that evening, Bujias took Mileta and me to the bar. There we found the brash man preaching as we approached behind him…

“…And this King! He is a coward! Why does everyone talk so highly about him? I heard after his little mascot was taken away, he cried for a week!” He proclaimed.
“Hahaha…” His fleet members laughed. Other fleets looked at my way as I approached to hear more clearly…
“That Sarah though…oh yeah! She was one hot girl! But who cries for a girl! For crying out loud! Haha!” He yelled.

By now I was standing behind this man. Mileta was in shock wondering what was going to happen. Bujias had an aura of righteous anger. His fleet members quieted and had a look of fear in their eyes. The man stopped laughing and turned around.

“You coward…prove to me you can even speak about Sarah!” I yelled.
“What are you going to do about it?” The man taunted, though clearly shaken.
“Tomorrow…we fight a duel in our planes.” I offered.
“Hey…I was just…” The man started.
“Shut up. If you refuse everyone will know that you are afraid.” I said.
“My name is…” He started…

I turned away and Bujias spat on the floor. Everyone looking at us as we left. Mileta hurried after us…

Mileta
What the hell was going on? Is he even allowed to duel men on his own side? Questions were running through my head as I walked quickly behind King and Bujias. They entered a private room, and Bujias asked me to give them a minute. I understood and went to Bujias’ room.
After more than a minute, Bujias finally came into the room. I looked at him, the anger gone from him; he seemed to have solved the problem.

“Hey everything okay?” I asked.
“It will be…once King shoots that bastard down.” Bujias replied.
“Does he really have to fight? What if he loses? I like that man greatly…” I said.
“Haha…lose? Mileta my love, he will not, unless through sabotage or some sort.” Bujias replied.
“How can you be so confident…” I asked innocently enough.
“I have flown with King hundreds of times, I don’t tell him, but honestly there are not many that can say they are better than him.” Bujias said.
“Is this even allowed?” I demanded.
“Probably not…but if the man has any sort of pride he will duel.” Bujias replied.
“This Sarah…she is that important to him?” I asked.
“Yes…many people are fond of her, she was sort of my little sister I guess…I miss her presence here, you two would have been good friends I am sure.” Bujias rambled.

Bujias went to sleep with an arm over me, he snored. I found this more amusing than annoying. Yet, I still could not sleep, King was fighting a duel with his own side tomorrow… Isn’t anyone else nervous? I had read the papers…some of it must be true.

The next morning, I ran to the hangar and looked at King’s FW190D plane. It was gorgeous. Like a well balanced sword. It did not look like anything was wrong with it. Also there were guards here, no one would be able to touch it, especially such a prized plane. There were rumours about the duel going around fleets. Even the commanders knew about it, but they did not interfere. I was confused about the way these men worked.

I went to go talk to King. I knocked on his door and slowly entered. I saw BK talking with him, explaining in motions with his hands about something…

“Hello Mileta…” BK said.
“Oh! Hi…sorry! I will wait.” I said surprised.
“No…come in…” BK invited.
“Alright.” I said as I walked in the room.
“Bujias told me, you worry for me.” King said.
“Oh did he…well it is just that…how can you know you will win?” I blurted out.
“Don’t worry about me…what comes first is yourself…than Bujias.” King said avoiding the question.

BK shook his hand, and I gave him a long hug. I did not know him well, but I knew he needed some sort of affection. He blushed and walked towards the hangar. I ran and followed him with Bujias. He geared up, checked the engine, and saluted us. I waited for him to return…

Sarah
I was going to take a plane soon all the way through Russia to the U.S. All I could think of was what King was doing. There was a hole in my heart, and I knew it was mutual. I missed him so much…but I did not know if he would heed my warnings to him…somehow I feared that I had brought the best of him out…but now I brought the worst as well.

I looked out the window, and decided I was going to take a walk. Paragon accompanied me, I knew him best as I helped nurse him back to full strength. We walked in silence, among the trees and on the dirt road. I did not know what to say for once… But I knew that Paragon understood and said nothing as well. We walked for some while, and when we got back to the base…there was a commotion happening outside!

They were pointing in the sky! I squinted and saw two planes coming from opposite directions. Everyone was exclaiming a duel was about to happen! Paragon grabbed binoculars and looked.

“They are both Axis planes!” He exclaimed.
“What?” I said as my heart trembled.

I looked through the focals, and I looked in disbelief…it was King! They were circling each other. I became nervous and watched intently. Why was he fighting his own people? I told him not to be rash… Oh God!

Then I saw King’s plane do a dive! His opponent dove towards him, but King was already a step ahead and rose again and turned on a dime! My heart was pounding, and I knew King could end the duel right there! I waited for a blazing gun and a plane on fire...

But what I saw shocked me! I saw King shoot his opponent’s plane just enough so that it would stay afloat. Emptiness filled me, as I knew King was filled with hate. I saw him rise up and down shooting his opponent into a mewling wreck of steel. All of Wolfpak and HammerDown looked in silence towards the man they thought was honourable to them, but yet cruel to his own.

“End it King! End it!” Paragon whispered anxiously.

This was not even a fair duel; this was murder, an execution. Tears fell down my face as King showed no mercy. I closed my eyes, hoping for it to end. But it dragged on… Finally his opponent had lost all hope…and his machine could no longer fly. It was a smoking, fiery mess, and King could have made it quick, but instead he followed the plane all the way down… Then it crashed into thousands of pieces. Then King flew away, like some monster from a children’s story.

I looked around and saw everyone’s expressions, all surprised. No one spoke, and I cried and ran to my assigned room. I knew he needed me…somehow I knew this was because of me… I sobbed, and looked at a picture of him and me in his arms with a radiating smile. Where was the real King?

Mileta
I waited for quite a while and got worried…where was he? Bujias told me there was nothing to fear, and went to the common room. But I waited for the man who brought me Bujias. I looked out into the distance, and there I saw him! The plane got closer…and closer.

It landed smoothly, and I saw with disbelief that his plane did not even have a bullet hole in it.

“Did you fight him?” I asked.
“Yes…killed him.” King said.
“Oh…I’m happy that you won, I bet you are tired, you should get some rest…” I offered.
“Yeah, I will see you later Mileta…” King said as he walked to his room. I sensed that something had been resolved within him. Yet there was still something dark looming about him.

I ran to the common room with Bujias, BK, Leviathan, and some other members of BBB. They were playing some cards and chatting.

“King won the duel!” I exclaimed as everyone looked to me.

No one expressed surprise, just a few words of “I told you so”. But inside I knew they were all relieved of some sort. Then they continued playing their game and talking as if nothing happened.

“Has the time to duel…can’t even buy my car back…” Leviathan murmured as he flipped his newspaper page.

“Just hope he doesn’t get tried in court martial…it was a fair fight…to some sort…if everyone keeps their mouth shut it will be fine…” BK said to everyone.

King
I woke up. I felt badly about yesterday, but the man had it coming. I did not even figure his name out… What else I felt though, was that I now knew I still defended Sarah, like she was here. Damnit! I thought to myself, I should have controlled my emotions better… I had to return to a calm. I had to stay alive somehow; I needed to win the war. I know Sarah is waiting for me… What would she think if she knew about the fight?

There was a knocking on my door. I looked through to see some Military Police. I opened the door.

“Can I help you?” I asked.
“King…come peacefully with us, you are being tried for treason.” One of them said.
“What! I did nothing wrong…” I replied.
“Please pack your bags, and come with us…” The man said.

I listened, and followed their instructions. I knew my duelers’ fleet had reported me. This was just a waste of time…I needed to fight the real enemy, now I knew what my goal was.

NOTE: Hope you enjoyed! Been holding this one for while…not sure why lol. Post comments here


Share/Bookmark
 
You are connected via IP

free counters

League Of Legends|Heroes In The Sky|BigBadboys