Monsters

I had eventually gotten over Pig’s death, but I had learned that you could be two things in a war. You can either live a monster, or die a good man. We were still flying the same pilot killing raids, every time we flew; someone well known was shot down. Bujias, BK (our new squadron member) and me were lucky not to get shot down. These were dark times, everyone doubted the head of command, and the Allies slowly started to learn more about warfare and always seemed to know where we were. Our squadron had flown in 25 raids, which gave us a leave. Instead of going to the city, we decided just to relax at the air base.

Bujias, BK, and me were just relaxing at the base talking about the war and our friends in Revolution who were being shot down. BK had some sort of idea that the Allies had a machine, which can detect where we were in the air. We all thought he had lost his mind. Bujias liked to pick on BK and how he was a mechanic before he became a pilot. BK finally had enough of the insults and challenged Bujias to a series of challenges.

“HAHA, the great mechanic BK, beating me in flying? This is going to be too easy for me.” Bujias said mockingly.
“We will see what happens…you will regret insulting me.” BK replied.
“Look at him get all worked up!” Bujias laughed.
“…Let’s just begin.” BK said calmly.

The first event was a race.

“Ready to get beaten?” Bujias asked.
“Ready for a reality check?” BK said.

Off they went. It was even at the beginning, but soon BK zipped right passed him to the finish line and beat him by a good 10 seconds.

“Let you win that one.” Bujias said happily.
“I went easy to not embarrass you…haha.” BK said proudly.

Soon a crowd had gathered to watch the mini events. It was a great morale boost for the men who had been losing an awful lot of pilots who were friends. Even Lion came out to watch and there was a grin on his face. BK and Bujias were neck and neck in events, and everyone was cheering for BK to win, for Bujias always went around boasting of his abilities! It was tied by the last event, a practice-bombing run, which was also sort of an obstacle course, so it required almost everything from a pilot. They started the run, dropping bombs (which had fireworks in them!), while the men cheered at the huge explosions. BK was clearly winning, and maintained that lead for the entire course, he had finally won the mini events and earned the respect among fellow pilots. As both pilots climbed out the men picked BK up and cheered. Bujias walked over to me.

“Went easy on him.” Bujias panted.
“Definitely.” I smiled in response.
“What…you don’t believe me? Just hold on need a little break…” Bujias said tiredly.
“You are out of shape you beaner haha!” I laughed.
“Shut…Up….” Bujias replied softly.

I went over to BK, and congratulated him for bringing Bujias back to ground level. We had a talk and a good laugh. BK always had these ideas floating in his head, he had a brilliant mind.

“I don’t know why people always pick on me for being a former mechanic… I mean Werner Voss spent a great time supercharging his plane as well,” BK explained, “He was a great ace in the Great War…”
“Don’t worry, after today, no one will doubt your skill anymore.” I told him.
“Also King…Revolution is slowly dying…you must surely know, I am suspecting a big move on the Allies was the result of that…there are rumours they have been putting together an “ACE” squadron together, named WOLFPAK.”
“I heard the rumours as well…we just have to be more careful when we fly out, we’ll be okay.” I said, while I doubted myself as we walked back to the building.

One day, Canuck visited our building and asked for Lion and the lieutenants of the fleet (I had become one as some of ours had been shot down). He suddenly asked Revolution to join in a plot to overthrow the Furor! It all happened way to fast for me. Canuck told us that he over flew the aces of the Axis on suicide missions, because he wanted us dead. He wanted to reorganize the Luftwaffe completely! We grew very angry with this, as many of those pilots were our friends and close as family. We quickly agreed to this plot, and helped with the planning, Canuck said not to make things too suspicious and keep flying these dangerous missions, just with a lot of protection.

We continued to fly raids over London and pilots continued to get shot down. We have learned that the British were using a technology called radar. This was a technology that could detect the enemy’s position before we can see them. We knew how they were hitting us hard now, but still did not know how to strike back. BK snickered at us for doubting him before.

It was time for us to go on another suicide raid. We all got prepared, and I brought my pistol along with me like always. We had to stay alive, morale was down, and the furor had to be brought down as well. Soon in the air, GJF, a new recruit names Boobiez, and another replacement named C00l joined us. There was minimal talking as we flew with the bombers, and we were nervous as well, no one wanted to do these missions, they smelled of death.

“Hey Bujias, BK, if the bombers are jumped, and you see there is no hope, flee.” I said coldly.
“King why are you always talking like that?” Bujias said.
“I am just worried that is all.” I replied.
“Keep your eyes peeled, we are entering their territory.” BK said.

Our planes buzzed in like bees. We were around the coast area and it was cloudy that day. Suddenly spitfires roared through the clouds and attacked us! The bombers had no chance; almost all of them were targeted and were shot down. Our squad split and picked our own targets naturally. It was almost unfair, the difference in the skill level between the pilots. We shot down a score of them, although they outnumbered us, without any losses. It seemed like just another day, until a second squadron appeared. Almost all their planes were of different colours and they looked like the Red Baron’s flying circus! Also they were more skilled than any Allies we have seen!

“This must be Wolfpak…” BK said.
“These guys are good! Everyone be careful.” GJF commanded.

I had spotted out my target I knew he would be there, the golden spitfire flier, Paragon. I immediately chased him and we went far from the large fight. Over the Channel. We twisted and turned for an advantage, we could not gain one, and this had gone on for about 10 gruelling minutes. Until he gave me an opening, I took it and shot a few holes into his machine, then I realized it was a trick. A risky trick, but it worked, he had sacrificed a little damage to his plane for a much better position behind me, as I sped past him. Then it was a fight for surviving. I could not get him off my tail no matter what I did. I knew I had to make a move or else I would be shot down. Paragon was behind me so I pulled the machine up and jammed the emergency brake. We were frozen in time; I could see his face surprised as I rolled over his machine. Now we were back to where we started. I had to end this as I was running out of gas, so I resorted to what rookie pilots do. Headlong shooting. This was butting heads, it hurts both of us. I turned my machine in and I was screaming and swearing, and I let loose with the guns. He, I could imagine, was doing the exact same. Both of us caught fire, and I regretted my action.

The back end of my plane was on fire, and the parachute was gone. I barely had control of my machine as it dove for the channel. I knew I was far from the coast, so I realized this was how it ended, my career, how would I be remembered? Would people mourn for me? When was the last time I talked to my family? Did I really have loved ones? I wanted to live so badly, I wanted to live a monster, and I knew if I lived many more men would die. I thought this in horror. I looked to the side and saw Paragon spiralling to the channel as well. I knew there was no chance of survival, so I immediately forgot the idea of dying in cold water. I took out the pistol I always carried. I prayed to God, and put it to my head just as my plane was to hit the water.

“God am I a good man?” I prayed desperately.

I was ready to die that very moment as I pulled the trigger, but all I heard was a click. The glass cockpit cracked on impact as I went into the water and went unconscious.

NOTE: unconscious should be a good enough hint I do not really die lolz


Share/Bookmark
 
You are connected via IP

free counters

League Of Legends|Heroes In The Sky|BigBadboys